Be the change

Be the change

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hip Green Pet

I get giddy when I think about how awesome the Universe is and how we connect with people that we would have not normally done so but divinely we do!  I was at the zoo this past weekend with my family and they had the day planned around the exhibit called "Our Fragile Earth".  They had tables set up with vendors, recycling projects, animal facts, it was way cool .  My boys really enjoyed it.  I came across a table that had recycled items made into dog toys and bedding.  My mind immediately went to my day job of fundraising and our new event called Bark For Life.  Its a really cool event that encourages those affected by cancer to bring their dog out for a walk at Ellison park.  I won't go into all the details but knew I had to stop at this table.  Long story short, I spoke with the founder today Jai and it was amazing.  She has soo much knowlege on holistic pet care and how our pets are our healers.   Here is a cool fact she told me that I had never thought about before.  Our animals are such our healers that they tend to take on ailments that we have.  Such as nerves, anxieties, stomach issues, joint problems.  They want to take the pain away for us.  Its funny because sometimes I wonder why my dog is so anxious and has issues with people.  He is very protective  and will go crazy if he hears one knock.  Well no wonder he is like this, I am an axious person who is very protective of my family.  Milo has learned his craziness from his Mommy.  :) 

Can you see any connection between your pet and you with any health issues?  Check out Jai page at http://www.hipgreenpet.com/


No comments: